Why would I stand up SUP paddleboard when I can run, lift weights, swim or bike? Here are just a few of the benefits to your Health and Overall Fitness that make StandUp Paddleboarding a Complete Lifestyle activity!
- Get A Full Body Workout: Stand Up Paddling provides a full body workout. Your toes, feet, ankles and legs are engaged to keep you balanced on the paddleboard. The midsection “core” is pulled in tight for added stability. As your core and upper body are paddling you through the water you strengthen your shoulders, arms and upper back , it really builds your strength from head to toe.
- Great Cardio: When you get strong enough to paddle longer on the SUP board, you will find yourself wanting to paddle more quickly and move more on it which will increase your heart rate in the process. SUP is an awesome activity that helps increase strength and cardio all in one.
- Stress Relief: Floating and enjoying the outdoors is a great way to relieve stress and clear your head. Good workouts are important for your overall strength and health. Mixing up your program a run, lifting weight, biking and paddleboarding break the monotony and keep you on track.
- SUP Develops Balance and Stability: The older we get, and when we need it the most, stability and balance begin to decrease. SUPing is an entire balance workout from the time you step on the board until you get off.
- Low Impact: Running and other high impact activites have a place, but long term you need to get away and provide your body a break. Paddleboarding is a way to workout without putting intense stress on your joints, knees, hips and lower back.
- Core and Lower Back Strength: Once you develop a full paddle stroke you’ll pull in your abdominals in order to stabilize and keep from falling off. You will stronger midsection which strengthens lower back and should decrease injury potential and less back pain.
- Social Community: Join the millions of SUP stand up paddlers across the Globe. SUP meet ups are a growing phenomenon on Social Media. SUP Paddle group activities have become a new meet and greet activity. Get out, get Social on your paddleboard!
When shopping for the best paddle boards consider your options. Paddle boards for sale include, Epoxy with EPS foam core, Inflatable paddle boards, Foam paddle boards, also called Soft SUP Paddleboards and Unique Peruvian Hybrid stand up paddle boards. Trying to purchase paddle boards cheap can be counter productive. Big box sellers like Walmart, Costco and Amazon have paddle boards cheap but keep in mind, you often “get what you pay for”.
Liquid Shredder’s nearly 20 years of SUP development quality always tower above paddle boards made by many cheap paddle board makers.